The #MYCYBERSALE initiative, organized by MDEC under the Digital Malaysia Initiative acts as a catalyst to develop the eCommerce industry as well as to boost the online shopping culture in Malaysia.
#MYCYBERSALE solidifies MDEC’s commitment to take Malaysia’s eCommerce industry to global standards by bringing all end-to- end parties together under one (1) virtual roof: e-marketplaces such as online retailers and merchants, providers of payment gateways, logistics, and fulfilment, industry players, financial institutions as well as telecommunication and infrastructure service providers.
With such strong developments to the ecosystem, the Malaysian eCommerce industry is expected to grow to RM72.3 billion by 2015. This is in line with MDEC’s digital economy aspirations under Digital Malaysia. The objectives of #MYCYBERSALE are as follows:
- To generate online shopping demand from consumers;
- To encourage SMEs to adopt eCommerce in their businesses; and
- To increase domestic revenue of eCommerce.
From the year 2014 until 2016, MDEC has partnered with several players in the eCommerce industry to support and drive the growth of the digital economy. As of 2016, MDEC has successfully achieved a total GMV of RM 211 Million (80% increase from 2015 total GMV).
From 2017 onwards, MDEC has decided to scale up #MYCYBERSALE project via the collaboration with industry players. Hence, this year MDEC will partner with PIKOM to bring the 4 th annual #MYCYBERSALE in a row.
Get special offers and deals including free shipping, lucky draws, exclusive product launches and coupons from our list of merchants (eTailers) and partners featured on www.mycybersale.my .Just be sure to click through to a store from a link on MYCYBERSALE.my to ensure that you get your great deal. All our featured merchants have been vetted through by our #MYCYBERSALE Steering Committee which comprise:
- Ministry of Domestic Trade, Co-operative and Consumerism (KPDNKK)
- SME Corporation Malaysia (SME Corp)
- Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC)
- The National ICT Association Of Malaysia (PIKOM)
- CyberSecurity Malaysia
- Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC)
- Companies Commission of Malaysia (SSM)
- Malaysia External Trade Development Corporation (MATRADE)
Although, efforts have been made to peruse the merchants and participating websites, the #MYCYBERSALE Steering Committee will not be held liable for any claims arising from you purchasing from the list of merchants.
From now until 9 Oct 2017, selected eTailers will be giving coupons, special shopping credits, freebies via www.mycybersale.my pre-event URL. Do take this opportunity to register with our participating eTailers. From 9 Oct 2017 until 13 Oct 2017, you may use the coupons and shopping credits to shop from the respective merchants.
No. You will pay directly to the participating merchants.
In some cases you do. The coupon code will be given to you along with the special offer or posted on the store website once you click to the store.
Yes, subject to the terms and conditions of our participating sponsors.
Please contact the eTailers directly via their customer service. Due to the overwhelming volume of orders need to be processed by the eTailers and logistics partners, do expect some delay in receiving your items.
The application for #MYCYBERSALE 2017 is now open until 15 th August 2017.
- SSM registered
- Must have a website or a microsite within an eMarketplace.
- Must have a recognized payment gateway.
- Must adopt good eCommerce practices on the website and have a clear terms and conditions in the website regarding payment, shipping and cancellation/return/refund policy.
- Not the subject of a winding up order.
- Give out crazy deals during #MYCYBERSALE 2017